Love Gone Wild
February 14, 2015
6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.,
Detroit Zoo Members: $75
All guests must be 21 and older
Photo ID is required for entrance
Birds do it. Bees do it. Find out how animals at the Detroit Zoo do it at Love Gone Wild. Open to both singles and sweethearts, this memorable Valentine’s Day event will offer a candid and entertaining look at how zoo animals do the “wild thing”. The evening will include an intimate and revealing look into the “dating” and mating escapades of the Zoo’s animals.
Love Gone Wild will be held in the Zoo’s Ford Education Center and will feature a strolling supper and delectable desserts prepared by the Detroit Zoo’s culinary team. A champagne welcome, two drink tickets and a commemorative gift are also included.
This year’s Love Gone Wild will also demonstrate our commitment to our green journey by striving to become the Zoo’s first waste-free event. Love Gone Wild will focus on locally-grown and sustainable menu options as well as incorporating environmentally-friendly practices throughout the evening.
Tickets are limited and must be purchased in advance. Tickets are available online or at Window One at the front of the Zoo. For more information please call (248) 541-5717 (Press 9).
Love Gone Wild Menu
Passed Hors D’oeuvres
- Brie tartlets topped with poached pears, drizzled with a balsamic reduction
- Pan-seared zucchini cakes topped with Brussels sprout slaw, tossed with fresh dill aioli
- Shrimp cocktail duet with house-made cocktail sauce
- Apple endive salad – Merlot-poached apples, endive, brioche croutons and shaved fennel, with roasted-walnut vinaigrette
- Black pepper-crusted carved sirloin, drizzled with a chocolate and black cherry demi
- Porcini truffle ravioli tossed with baby spinach in a pink (heirloom beet) cream sauce
- Champagne risotto with wild mushrooms and melted leeks
- Roasted tri-color carrots and Brussels sprouts tossed in brown honey butter
- Citrus-poached asparagus
- Assorted desserts and fresh fruit