The concerts are free with Zoo admission
The Detroit Zoo gets even wilder on Wednesday nights during July and August with its annual Wild Summer Nights concert series. Concerts take place in the Zoo’s Main Picnic Grove from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wild Summer Nights features a variety of live music from local bands, including children’s, jazz, pop, folk and blues. Concert-goers are invited to bring a blanket and enjoy the music. Food, snacks, beer, wine and soft drinks are available for purchase from Zoo concessions. Plus, the Zoo remains open until 8 p.m. on Wednesdays during the concert series. Parking is free for Members and $6 per car for non-members. If you have questions, please call (248) 541-5717 and press 9.
Wild Summer Nights Concert Schedule 2015
- July 1 – The Sun Messengers (Motown and R&B)
- July 8 – iHeartRadio (Family Fun Night)
- July 15 – Starfarm (80’s pop rock)
- July 22 – Michigan Opera Theatre (Detroit Opera House)
- July 29 – Mr. Seley and the Troublemakers (children’s)
- Aug. 5 – Taylor Taylor (pop)
- Aug. 12 – The Verve Pipe (children’s)
- Aug. 19 – Detroit Children’s Choir (Detroit Symphony Orchestra)
- Aug. 26 – Candy Band (children’s)
Cooler checks will be performed – as a reminder there is no beer, wine, alcohol or glass allowed on property. If any of these items are discovered, guests will be asked to return the contents to their vehicle before entering the Zoo.