- Tickets for Detroit Zoological Society Members on sale September 1
- Tickets for general public on sale September 15
The Detroit Zoo’s annual “merry-not-scary” Zoo Boo celebration features a festively decorated trick-or-treat trail through the front of the Zoo.
Live, friendly entertainment awaits your costume-clad little ones including the Zoo Boo Revue live stage show. Exciting entertainment awaits you; acts include jugglers and extreme pumpkin carving demonstrations. Be sure to stop by the Haunted Reptile House and visit the ghosts and goblins that have made the Holden Reptile Conservation Center their home for the holiday season. Make a stop along the trick-or-treat trail at the Creepy Craft tent sponsored by Blue Care Network and help color some of your favorite Zoo animals on our 16-foot mural!
Zoo Boo will be held on the evenings of October 7-9, October 14-16 and October 21-23, 5 to 8 p.m., rain or shine. Advance ticket purchase is encouraged! Walk-up tickets will only be sold between 6:45 and 7:45 p.m.
Detroit Zoological Society Members can purchase tickets starting September 1. General public tickets go on sale September 15. Advance tickets are $9 per person, ages 2 and older. Children younger than 2 are admitted free. Tickets can be purchased at Window One at the front of the Zoo or online. Pre-sale time slots for Zoo Boo are 5 p.m. 5:30 p.m., 6 p.m., 6:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. Tickets for the 7:30 p.m. will only be available for purchase at the gates. Gates close for entry at 8 p.m. Parking is $6 per car for all Zoo Members and guests. Zoo Boo is a rain-or-shine event. No refunds or exchanges.
- Join us on our Green Journey by bringing your own trick-or-treat bag. Bags will not be handed out at the event.
- For the health and safety of the animals, most of their habitats are closed after dark. The best time to view the animals is during daytime hours.
- The Polk Penguin Conservation Center will not be open for this event.