Wildlife Interpretive Gallery
The oldest building at the Detroit Zoo, the 1928 glass-domed Bird House is now a multisensory facility that includes art collections, Science On a Sphere educational experience, a small theater and the most outstanding feature — a lush, tropical indoor Butterfly Garden. The Wildlife Interpretive Gallery makes a beautiful backdrop for any event.
- $2,500 – Sunday-Friday evening rental 6:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m
- $3,000 – Saturday evening rental 6:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- $500 – Each additional hour
- The Rotunda
- Science On a Sphere
- Butterfly Garden and Theater
- 60” and 48” round tables, linens, chairs
- Rotunda and Mezzanine Capacity: 140 seated dinner / 200 strolling reception
- Theater Capacity: 90 (Includes: Screen, VCR, DVD)
- A/V capability: podium with microphone; client must provide flash drive or laptop
- Food and beverage service is through the Detroit Zoo Catering Department, “Dining in the Wild.”
Hours and rates subject to change. Zoo facilities may not be rented for any event that the Zoo deems inconsistent with its character and/or its mission of Celebrating and Saving Wildlife.