Turn a trip to the Detroit Zoo into an educational experience by providing students an opportunity to explore topics such as life science, conservation and zoo career paths.
Select a Learning Lab below to learn more and request a reservation.
Learning Lab groups enter the Zoo at the Rackham Fountain Entrance and have access to a covered lunch location.
- $400 for Oakland, Macomb and Wayne County groups
- $470 for all other counties
What Is Included
- Admission for up to 35 students and 7 adults, per group
- Additional adults are:
- $8 for Oakland, Macomb and Wayne counties
- $10 for all other counties
- Learning Lab
- Bus drop-off and pick-up at the Rackham Fountain Entrance
- Education staff meet the buses at arrival
- Sheltered lunch location
Pre-payment is required. If payment is not received three weeks prior to scheduled date, your reservation will be cancelled. For a full refund, cancellations must be made four weeks prior to trip.
- Group reservations must be made at least 30 days prior to your visit.
- Please note that some days are not available due to special events or capacity limitations.
- You will receive a confirmation statement with further instructions within one week from date received.