Wildlife Conservation Gala
More than 100 guests attended the Detroit Zoological Society’s (DZS’s) third annual Wildlife Conservation Gala, presented by Ford Motor Company, on Saturday, March 16. Guests enjoyed cocktails and hors d’oeuvres followed by a sit-down dinner in the Wildlife Interpretive Gallery at the Detroit Zoo.
Themed “Saving Birds Around the World”, the event included a presentation highlighting the DZS’s expansive work in bird conservation. The night was capped off with the presentation of the Nautilus Award – given to an individual whose efforts have made a profound impact on the future of wildlife and embodies the DZS’s mission of Celebrating and Saving Wildlife. This year’s award was presented to Dr. Daniel Klem, Jr., who has worked tirelessly for over four decades to prevent and raise awareness of bird collisions, which kill a staggering 1 billion birds every year in the U.S. alone.
The evening raised $53,000 in net revenue for the Detroit Zoological Society’s wildlife conservation programs.
The Detroit Zoological Society would like to thank the following corporations and individuals for their generous support of the Wildlife Conservation Gala:
- Presenting Sponsor: Ford Motor Company
- Conservation Champion: Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss, P.C.
- Conservation Ambassador:
- Dr. William and Susan Conway
- Robert and Sandy Riney
- Conservation Hero:
- Jane and Dan Alessandrini
- Peter Remington and Peggy Daitch
- Pat and Ed Geisinger
- Dr. Celeste Watkin-Hayes and Mr. Rejji P. Hayes
- Dr. Clifford and Kelly Houseman
- Ron Kagan
- Kelly Services, Inc.
- Lisa and Hannan Lis
- Lora and Michael Maluzhinsky
- Bobbi and Stephen Polk
- Goody and Lloyd Semple
- Signal Restoration Services
- Gail L. Warden
- Andi and Larry Wolfe
- Media Sponsor: dBusiness
- Event Support Provided By: Emerald City Designs