Meet Your Best Friend (May)
- Friday, May 17, 12 to 6 p.m.
- Saturday, May 18, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Meet Your Best Friend at the Zoo is one of the nation’s largest off-site pet adoption events. The Detroit Zoological Society hosts this semiannual event in partnership with the Michigan Humane Society. Since the event’s inception in 1993, more than 25,000 dogs, cats and rabbits have been placed into new homes at the spring and fall events.
Meet Your Best Friend is a free event and takes place in the parking lot beneath the Zoo’s landmark water tower.
- Adoption fees and policies vary by participating groups.
- For health and safety reasons, please leave current companion animals at home.
- Strollers are not allowed in the tents; guests will be asked to park them before entering the tents.