Tickets on sale now! SOLD OUT!
Tickets will not be available for purchase onsite.
It’s five o’clock here! Summer Sips, presented by KeyBank, is the Detroit Zoo’s newest 21-and-older event to celebrate summer! Soak up the sun and enjoy a night out inspired by Jimmy Buffet, this event is sure to turn the Zoo into a tropical paradise.
We are also excited to feature Air Margaritaville, an unforgettable band playing some of your favorite summer tunes. Summer Sips guests will enjoy fun games and activities, so be sure to keep an eye out for any lost shakers of salt.
What can we expect at Summer Sips?
- A welcome tent will be set up near the entrance where you will receive a complimentary drink provided by Griffin Claw Brewing Company
- A selection of themed specialty cocktails, as well as classic spirits, including: frosé, margaritas, beer, wine, sangria, seltzers and more!
- Access to Dinosauria, an immersive walk-through experience featuring 29 life-like animatronic dinosaurs!
- Live entertainment
- Exclusive access to the Zoo’s habitats until 8:30 p.m.
- Animal habitat chats
- Themed photo opportunities
- Complimentary train rides on the Tauber Family Railroad
- Additional tasting tickets will be available to purchase – one for $6 or two for $10 – at the Consumers Energy Events Pavilion and the Carousel.
All attendees must be 21 or older; photo ID is required.
Parking | $8 per vehicle
- All event guests, including members, are required to purchase a parking pass
- $8 fee per vehicle
- It is recommended to purchase parking in advance to avoid long lines at the Zoo entrance
General Admissions Ticket Holders
General admissions ticket Holders will be directed to park and enter the Zoo at the main gates.
Your general admission ticket entitles you to SIX tasting punches.
REMINDER: If you purchased the After Hours four-pack, the original tickets you were emailed at the time of purchase are you tickets for tomorrow evening. If you are unable to locate your original email, please contact out guest experience team before arrival at (248) 545-5717 or email@example.com.
VIP Ticket Holders:
VIP ticket holders will be directed to park in the 10 Mile Road surface lot and enter the Zoo at the Rackham Fountain Entrance (also known as the members only entrance).
Your VIP ticket entitles you to EIGHT tasting punches.
The VIP lounge is located inside Table 28. Here, the four exclusive VIP tasting selections are available until last pour at 9:45 p.m., and exclusive food options are available until 8 p.m. You must show your VIP card to enter.
Don’t forget to pick up you VIP gift at Table 28!
Last call is at 9:30 p.m., and last pour is at 9:45 p.m.
How doesSummer Sips support the Detroit Zoological Society (DZS) mission?
By attending events hosted by the Detroit Zoo, you are directly supporting the DZS mission of Celebrating and Saving Wildlife and Wild Places. Your event admission provides support so that DZS can continue to demonstrate extraordinary leadership in conservation, animal welfare, education and environmental sustainability.
We still have TWO remaining After Hours 21+ events coming up. Visit detroitzoo.org/events to learn more about Spooky Spirits and Polar Beers, presented by KeyBank. Want to get notified when tickets go on sale? Click here to subscribe and stay up to date with the latest news and events at the Detroit Zoo!
Never hear “sold out” again! Detroit Zoological Society members receive early ticket access to all public events. Become a member today, and you’ll always be the first invited to our one-of-a-kind events.