Wild Summer Nights
The Detroit Zoo gets even wilder on Wednesday nights during July and August with our annual Wild Summer Nights concert series. Grab a blanket, pack a picnic and relax while enjoying a variety of live music from local bands. Genres vary in style each week, offering melodies of children’s, country, folk, classic rock, jazz and Motown. You can also explore the Zoo to see what your favorite animals are up to after hours. Yard games are available for play and dancing is always encouraged!
Cooler checks will be conducted. There is no outside beer, wine, alcohol or glass allowed on property. Food, snacks, beer, wine and soft drinks are available for purchase from Zoo concessions.
The concerts take place in the Main Picnic Grove and are free with Zoo admission. The Zoo remains open until 8 p.m. on Wednesdays during the concert series.
Wild Summer Nights concert lineup:
- July 3 – Bernadette Kathryn and the Lonely Days Band (country)
- July 10 – Brighton DeCapo and Gold Vibrations (choir varieties)
- July 17 – Cosmic Grove (pop)
- July 24 – Michigan Opera Theatre (opera)
- July 31 – Cupcakeasaurus (children’s)
- August 7 – The Sun Messengers (jazz/Motown)
- August 14 – Olivia Millerschin (vintage folk)
- August 21 – Rhythm Society Orchestra (big band)
- August 28 – The Blackjack Band (classic rock)