Wild Summer Nights
The Detroit Zoo gets even wilder on Wednesday nights during July and August with its annual Wild Summer Nights concert series. Concerts take place in the Main Picnic Grove from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Wild Summer Nights features a variety of live music from local bands, including children’s, classical, pop, folk and blues. Concert-goers are invited to bring a blanket and pack a picnic. Cooler checks will be done and, as a reminder, there is no beer, wine, alcohol or glass allowed on property. Food, snacks, beer, wine and soft drinks are available for purchase from Zoo concessions.
The concerts are free with Zoo admission. The Zoo remains open until 8 p.m. on Wednesdays during the concert series.
- July 11, 18, 25
- August 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
Wild Summer Nights concert lineup:
- July 11 – The Sun Messengers (pop)
- July 18 – Cupcakeasaurus (children’s)
- July 25 – Michigan Opera Theatre (opera)
- August 1 – Detroit Social Club (blues)
- August 8 – Athens Creek (acoustic)
- August 15 – Miss Paula and the Candy Bandits (children’s)
- August 22 – Detroit Symphony Orchestra Quartet (classical)
- August 29 – Olivia Millerschin (vintage folk)
This activity is funded in part by the Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs and the Michigan Humanities Council.