Private Zoo Evening
Wow your guests by hosting your event at the Detroit Zoo after hours. You and your guests will enjoy exclusive access to the Zoo for a strolling reception or a casual American picnic. The Zoo offers your guests 125 acres of true-to-life habitats that are home to more than 3,000 animals.
Rental Fee Includes:
- Main Picnic Tent
- Polk Penguin Conservation Center
- All outdoor habitats including the Arctic Ring of Life and Australian Outback Adventure
- One Tauber Family Railroad train
- The rental fee includes up to 1,000 guest admission; additional guests will be billed at $9 per guest.
Catering or a concession package is required. Food and beverage service is through the Detroit Zoo Catering Department, “Taste”.
- Additional covered dining tent – $1,000/each
- Wildlife Interpretive Gallery and Butterfly Garden – $1,500
(Garden closes at 8 p.m.)
- National Amphibian Conservation Center – $1,000
- 4-D Theater (located in the Wild Adventure Zone) – $2,500
“Private Zoo Evening” rentals at the Detroit Zoo are available daily, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., June through August. To confirm your date today, contact our Events team at (248) 336-5745 or use the form below.
Hours and rates subject to change. Zoo facilities may not be rented for any event that the Zoo deems inconsistent with its character and/or its mission of Celebrating and Saving Wildlife and Wild Places.