Become an instant hero in your organization!
Each year we host hundreds of groups and events at the Detroit Zoo, from 20 to several thousand people, through a variety of discount admission, picnic and private catered events. Whether you want to fire up team spirit through a delicious catered picnic for your employees and their families, create an elegant and unique retirement dinner, provide a memorable team building experience or take advantage of year-round discounts for employees, our sales associates are eager to help you get the ball rolling!
Groups of 15+
Groups of 15 + visiting at the same time can take advantage of discounted general admission pricing by clicking here.
Group admission rates valid during regular Zoo hours. The Detroit Zoo is closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day. Parking may be paid in advance or at Main Admissions. Hours and prices are subject to change without notice.
For groups with special needs, call (248) 336-5841
15+ General Admission
In order to receive a group discount, you MUST purchase 15 or more tickets in your shopping cart. Tickets are valid for general admission only and do not include vouchers for rides or attractions. Parking is not included. Buy Tickets
Groups 15+ Inquiry Form
Tickets & More!
The Detroit Zoo offers an exciting and secure way for your employees, staff and members to purchase tickets online and enjoy savings with our discount program, Tickets & More! Participation in this program is absolutely FREE and easy to administer.
Detroit Zoo tickets may be purchased securely online 24 hours a day, seven days a week through your own unique password-protected area of our website. Program participants simply log into their personalized store where they can purchase discounted general admission tickets, exclusive ticket packages and memberships in minutes. Upon completion of their transaction, they can then print their tickets from the convenience of a personal computer and enjoy a wonderful day at the Detroit Zoo.
- Best year-round savings!
- No deposit or down payment required by your organization.
- Easy to administer without time-consuming paperwork or the handling of ticket sales.
- Payment is made by participants directly to your secure store website using a credit card at the time of purchase.
- Tickets may be purchased online and printed at home.
- Free promotional materials readily available for your internal use.
- Our Group Sales Manager will assist you with set-up and program administration.
School Groups / Field Trips
School groups receive a special discounted rate during the traditional school year. A school group is a public or private school, preschool through 12th grade. Day cares, nursery schools, summer camps or youth groups/organizations are not eligible to receive the school group rate.
- Minimum group size is 20 individuals
- Reservation is REQUIRED. School groups must make a reservation at least two weeks in advance from the date of their visit.
- Membership benefits and other passes cannot be applied to school group admission.
- Payment in full must be received three days in advance of your visit to receive the Tri-County Discount, if eligible.
- If a school group does not have an advance reservation or make payment three days in advance of their visit, they will no longer qualify for the school group rate.
- Without an advance reservation, the school group rate is not available on the day of your visit. Additional tickets, if available, may be purchased at the regular group discount price.
- The school group rate will only be offered from March 1 – June 30, 2022.
School Group Admission rate:
- Tri-County (Wayne, Oakland, Macomb counties): $9 per person
- Non-Tri-County: $11 per person
- School group rates are not eligible for the following dates: Saturdays and Sundays, April 15, May 20th, June 1, 3 and June 24.
- $12 per bus/motor coach
- $8 per car/van
Method of Payment:
We accept the following methods of payment: Credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover), check and cash. We do not accept purchase orders, personal checks or coins.
Please be advised of our current Mask Policy change effective March 2022:
- The Detroit Zoological Society has revised safety protocols. Regardless of vaccination status, face masks are encouraged indoors for people ages five and older. It is our goal to make the Zoo experience one that is safe for our visitors, staff and animals. Let’s work together. Please be respectful, help each other and help protect the endangered animals.
- When you visit the grounds of the Detroit Zoo, or any other public place, you are accepting there is a risk of exposure to COVID-19.
SCHOOL GROUP / FIELD TRIP REQUEST FORM