Become an instant hero in your organization!
Each year we host hundreds of groups and events at the Detroit Zoo, from 20 to several thousand people, through a variety of discount admission, picnic and private catered events. Whether you want to fire up team spirit through a delicious catered picnic for your employees and their families, create an elegant and unique retirement dinner, provide a memorable team building experience or take advantage of year-round discounts for employees, our sales associates are eager to help you get the ball rolling!
School Groups / Field Trips
Please note: Our policies and procedures have changed.
Please read all information thoroughly before submitting a school group reservation
- School group rate is priced per person, including teachers and chaperones.
- One chaperone is required for every 10 students, regardless of age.
- Payment in full must be received three days in advance of your visit to guarantee the school group rate.
- Reservation is REQUIRED. School groups must make a reservation at least one month prior to the date of visit.
- If a school group does not have an advance reservation or make payment three days in advance of their visit, they will no longer qualify for the school group rate.
- Without an advance reservation, the school group rate is not available on the day of your visit. General Admission tickets may be purchased on grounds at the Full price.
- The minimum group size is 20 individuals.
- A school group is a public or private school, preschool through 12th grade.
- School groups receive a special discounted rate during the traditional school year (based on the districts first and late day of school).
- Day cares, nursery schools, summer camps or youth groups/organizations
- Membership benefits cannot be applied to school group admission.
School Group Admission rate:
- Tri-County (Wayne, Oakland, Macomb counties): $9 per person
- Non-Tri-County: $11 per person
- School group rates are not eligible for the following dates:
- Saturdays and Sundays
- October 20
- November 23
- December 25
- January 1
- March 29
- May 17, 20, and 27
- June 5, 11, and 21
- $12 per bus/motor coach
- $8 per car/van
Method of Payment:
PRE PAYMENT-REQUIRED. We accept the following methods of payment: Credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover), Corporate/school check and/or Cash. We do not accept purchase orders, personal checks or coins.
SCHOOL GROUP / FIELD TRIP REQUEST FORM
Groups of 20+
Groups of 20 + visiting at the same time can take advantage of discounted general admission pricing by clicking here.
Group admission rates valid during regular Zoo hours. The Detroit Zoo is closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day. Parking may be paid in advance or at Main Admissions. Hours and prices are subject to change without notice.
For questions or with groups with special accommodations, please call (248) 336-5841.
20+ General Admission
In order to receive a group discount, you MUST purchase 20 or more tickets in your shopping cart. Tickets are valid for general admission only and do not include vouchers for rides or attractions. Parking is not included. Buy Tickets
Groups 20+ Inquiry Form
Tickets & More!
The Detroit Zoo offers an exciting and secure way for your employees, staff and members to purchase tickets online and enjoy savings with our discount program, Tickets & More! Participation in this program is absolutely FREE and easy to administer.
Detroit Zoo tickets may be purchased securely online 24 hours a day, seven days a week through your own unique password-protected area of our website. Program participants simply log into their personalized store where they can purchase discounted general admission tickets, exclusive ticket packages and memberships in minutes. Upon completion of their transaction, they can then print their tickets from the convenience of a personal computer and enjoy a wonderful day at the Detroit Zoo.
- Best year-round savings!
- No deposit or down payment required by your organization.
- Easy to administer without time-consuming paperwork or the handling of ticket sales.
- Payment is made by participants directly to your secure store website using a credit card at the time of purchase.
- Tickets may be purchased online and printed at home.
- Free promotional materials readily available for your internal use.
- Our Group Sales Manager will assist you with set-up and program administration.
Ever wonder what the animals are up to as the sun goes down? Find out when you join us after hours for a Nocturnal Adventure at the Detroit Zoo!
Sign up to enjoy a private group evening with colleagues, scouts or friends — or sign up as an individual and join others for this unique after-hours event.
You will experience a tour of the Zoo at dusk to search for animals you may not see during the day before returning to the Consumer’s Energy Events Pavilion to enjoy special activities and s’mores by the campfire! Dinner is included for all family evenings and is optional for groups.