General public tickets on sale now!
We were bone to be wild – so get your tickets now and get ready to drink up, witches!
Spend Your Friday the 13th at the Detroit Zoo during Spooky Spirits, presented by KeyBank. Creep it real while stepping into a world of ghoulish enchantment during this 21+ event and don your most creative costumes while sipping on bountiful “boos” at the Zoo!
What can I expect at Spooky Spirits?
- A wide selection of themed specialty cocktails, classic spirits, beer, wine, canned cocktails and seltzers – meaning plenty of grim and tonics and Pino Grave-gios to choose from!
- A spooky screening of “Friday the 13th movie” in the 4D Theater (exclusive studio-edit, 20-minute 4D feature)
- A complimentary welcome drink, courtesy of welcome sponsor Griffin Claw Brewing
- Live entertainment and life-sized games
- Music from Michigan band Weekend ComeBack
- A haunted trail full of pirates!
- Habitat chats with Detroit Zoo animal care staff
- Themed photo opportunities
What food can we expect in the Spooky Spirits VIP lounge?
- Pierogies: potato, cheese, sour cream
- Mushroom tarts
- French Onion Soup w/ baguette
- Brussel sprout and kale salad: parmesan, spicy pepitas, apple cider dressing
- Sausage and Cabbage
- Apple pie w/ whipped cream
All attendees must be 21 or older; photo ID is required. Parking is $8 per vehicle for all attendees.
We encourage you to have fun and get creative with your costumes when attending Spooky Spirits at the Detroit Zoo. Costumes worn during these events, however, should not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally harm another Guest. In addition, balloons of any kind, as well as sports balls, bouncy balls or other similar types of balls are not allowed on Zoo grounds.
How Does Spooky Spirits Support the DZS Mission?
By attending events hosted by the Detroit Zoo, you are directly supporting the DZS mission of creating meaningful connections between people, animals and the natural world so all can thrive. Your event admission provides support so that DZS can continue to demonstrate extraordinary leadership in conservation, animal welfare, education and environmental sustainability.
Please remember that drinking and driving is dangerous to all. For your safety and convenience, you are welcome to leave your vehicle at the Detroit Zoo overnight for pickup tomorrow.
For guests wanting to use a rideshare app tonight, please set your pickup location to 25001 Woodward Ave. Your driver will be directed into the Woodward lot outside the main entrance near the Polk Penguin Conservation Center.
Cabs will also be stationed at the main entrance for your convenience and can be contacted at (877) GRN-TAXI.
*VIP food service closes at 8:30 p.m.