Yoga at the ZooPurchase Tickets
Bring your cows, cats, camels and downward dogs to the Detroit Zoo this summer with Yoga at the Zoo every Monday and Thursday morning in July and August. Grab a mat, fill up a reusable water bottle and get ready to relax while mastering a variety of yoga poses, led by one of our certified instructors. This early morning meditative flow is suitable for all skill levels. Each session highlights a different area of the Detroit Zoo and will feature a zookeeper talk, allowing guests the opportunity to interact with our animal care staff.
Yoga is limited to guests 13 years-and-older. Guests under the age of 18 require parental consent to participate. Sessions start before the Zoo opens to the public and include Zoo admission. Advance ticket purchase is encouraged as space is limited and the event may sell out.
Yoga at the Zoo is a rain-or-shine event. The rain location will be the Wildlife Interpretive Gallery.
Meet The Instructors
- Holly Matthews is a 200-hour certified yoga instructor, currently teaching a yoga-inspired stretch class called Stretch It Out at B-in-Action Movement Center in Farmington Hills.
- Sandy Naimou is an experienced 200-hour certified yoga instructor (E-RYT 200), currently teaching full-time and will be facilitating a meditative yoga class to help you restore and strengthen.
- Melanie Schlutow is a yoga therapist, currently leading all levels classes at Nafas in Royal Oak.
- 7:30am: Guests Check-In
- Please note, due to the variety of class locations throughout the Zoo, it is very important to arrive promptly at 7:30 a.m. This will allow time to travel to the designated area.
- 8 a.m.: Class Begins
- 9 a.m.: Post-Class Zookeeper Talk
Childcare opportunities will be available during Yoga at the Zoo. Children MUST be potty-trained and 4 years or older to participate. Registration is required at least one week prior to the event and space is limited.