The Detroit Zoological Society’s Center for Zoo and Aquarium Animal Welfare and Ethics (CZAAWE) is a resource center for captive animal welfare knowledge; a convener and forum for exotic animal welfare science, practice and policy discussions; and a center conducting research and training, and recognizing advances in exotic animal welfare.
The Center has five goals:
- Acquire and make easily accessible to zoo and aquarium professionals the current body of knowledge on animal welfare and ethics.
- Conduct and facilitate welfare assessments and applied welfare research on captive exotic animals.
- Convene important discussions and presentations on captive exotic animal welfare and ethics.
- Train professionals on captive exotic animal welfare best practices and policies.
- Recognize advances in improving captive exotic animal welfare through awards.
Visit CZAAWE Website