No cost for approved families
Join us for a night where dreams come true!
Dream Night, presented by Michigan Educational Credit Union, provides families of children with chronic or terminal illnesses a night to remember. Our goal with this event is to give these children and their families a no-cost, stress-free evening surrounded by their favorite animals and fun activities. To accomplish this, Dream Night will be limited to 1,000 pre-approved guests to ensure a smooth, safe and enjoyable experience for all.
What can I expect during Dream Night?
- Access to the Detroit Zoo’s naturalistic habitats until twilight
- Habitat chats with animal care staff
- Education stations
- Access to BRICKLIVE, an immersive walk-through experience featuring sculptures made of more than 2 million toy bricks
- Rides and attractions
- A silent disco
- And more!
What accommodations can I expect during Dream Night?
- Reduced or altered music and effects throughout the Zoo’s footprint
- Free wheelchair, wagon and electric convenience vehicle rentals while supplies last
- KultureCity sensory bags equipped with noise-canceling headphones, fidget tools and verbal cue cards will be available while supplies last to guests who may feel overwhelmed by the environment. Guests can check out the bags at Customer Care and the Park Safety Office.
- Weighted lap pads and strobe glasses are available upon request.
- A dedicated sensory room is available for those who may need a quieter and more secure space.
- The main path throughout the Zoo is flat, paved and easily accessible. To take a virtual tour of the Zoo before your visit, click here.
Do I need to purchase tickets to Dream Night?
Dream Night is no-cost to approved families. To learn if you and your family qualify to attend, please fill out a Dream Night application.