A Twinkling Triumph: Wild Lights Named USA Today 10Best Winner
Detroit Zoo holiday light display named one of the best in the country
December 8, 2023
ROYAL OAK, Mich.,
It’s official, and the people have spoken — the Detroit Zoo has one of the best holiday light displays in the country!
USA Today announced Wild Lights, presented by Strategic Staffing Solutions, was named a 10Best Zoo Lights contest winner. The Detroit Zoo’s annual holiday event, a sparkling spectacle that features millions of twinkling lights adorning nearly 500 unique displays, was nominated for the award by a panel of relevant experts and catapulted into the top 10 by Zoo lovers across the country via an online poll.
Don’t miss out on your chance to experience the award-winning holiday magic! Wild Lights runs on select evenings through Jan. 7. Highlights of this year’s event include:
• The Enchanted Trail, sponsored by Kroger, that allows guests to stroll through an immersive forest scape
• Toyland, sponsored by Michigan First Credit Union, an immersive installation featuring lighted sculptures of larger-than-life toys
• An underwater-themed trail that transports guests to the depths of the sea and includes a new, interactive digital wall
• The Wild Lights Lodge, a space to warm up and enjoy festive décor and drinks
• Three walk-through light tunnels that serve as perfect photo opportunities
• Seasonal treats, such as smores, hot cocoa and warm pretzels
• And so much more!
Learn more and purchase tickets at dzoo.org/wildlights.
Wild Lights is presented by Strategic Staffing Solutions. This event is also sponsored by Burns & Wilcox, Kroger, Michigan First Credit Union, Suburban Subaru of Troy, KeyBank, DTE, Buddy’s Pizza, Doetsch Environmental Services, Lincoln of Troy, Michigan Panthers, IBEW Local 58, Genisys Credit Union, Gray’s Outdoor Services, Hagopian, National Flag Football, Aqua Tots, BlueWater and Pepsi.